Leelou Blogs

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Long time overdue

 It has been almost a year since I have updated our blog. While I still check other peoples' blogs I never find time/energy to do mine. Not that its that hard....but....There is so much to catch up on in a year. How our lives have changed! I think about last August we went to Disneyland for the Butcher/Carter family reunion. It was so fun and so hot! Ben has been busy plugging along at school and is on track to graduate in December! Can't wait! Last fall we decided to roll the dice again and try in-vitro again. We spent Thanksgiving back and forth between Utah and Idaho doing infertility treatments. We kept it hush-hush from our family and most friends so that we could hopefully have good news to surprise them. The day before Thanksgiving we put 2 embryos in and voila...2 days after our 7th wedding anniversary, on December 19....we found out we would be having twins! Hyrum & Ben predicted this all along but I was shocked because my hormone levels were lower with this pregnancy than when we did this with Alison. Needless to say...they both stuck around and we were excited and thrilled to have 2 more to complete our family! I've always wanted 3-4 kids and I feel so blessed by Heavenly Father to grant us this blessing despite our challenges to get pregnant.  Christmas was really fun because we broke the news to our family that we were having twins by hanging stockings up with "baby A" and "baby B" with our normal ones. Both grandmas caught on pretty fast!
Christmas was wonderful and quiet which was nice. I was already feeling miserable by then and the next few months weren't much better. Thankfully we have great friends/neighbors to keep us entertained and make the long winter go by. February Hyrum turned 5! We had a spiderman birthday party with some friends ( and Ali). He loved it...I was exhausted after only 4 boys...but it was fun.
 In March sweet & stubborn Alison turned 2! Grandma Breese and Uncle Nate were around to celebrate! She is so stinking cute but so much work too! I love her and can't help but smile as she jumps off couches and tables and has amazingly not been to the ER yet for any broken bones. Knock on wood! She adores her big brother and mimics anything he does!
 She didn't blow out her candles but tried!
 This is from Mother's Day 2013! Hyrum is hiding my HUGE belly. Can't believe we'll be having 2 more joining us next mother's day!
 Somewhere around 15/16 weeks we found out baby A was a BOY and baby b was  GIRL! This is like my dream! I always wanted siblings...I always wanted my kids to each get to have a brother and a sister...and now they can! The next 2 pics are from 21 weeks. I've been so spoiled this pregnancy to get frequent ultrasounds. I see my OBGYN and a perinatologist for these guys which doubles up on doctor appointments but I don't mind.

Somewhere around 25/26 weeks I had some contractions so I was put on "bed rest." I had to stop working (though I will return after the babies are born) and am trying to be as compliant on bedrest as you can with a 2 year old and 5 year old at home. Again...wonderful friends have been helping us and giving us playdates! Ben has been so great to do all the grocery shopping and running around along with work, school, and being a great daddy. So grateful I have such a helpful husband and I couldn't do any of this without him! I have honestly loved every minute of being home and have not gotten "homesick" for work yet. Hopefully once Ben graduates we can let me be home a little more.
Hyrum graduated preschool end of May and is now going to be my big kindergartner! He is so excited and I know he will do great! Now that school is out for him we have been trying to stay busy at home since our only outings are doctor appointments. Right now we see the doctor 2 times per week which at least gets us out 2 times! :)
I turned 27 a few weeks ago and it was a nice day at home. Ben had the day off and we snuck out for ice cream that night with the kids. Going anywhere for a long time is uncomfortable so short and sweet was great. I'm 33 weeks and am past full term size by now so these weeks are getting hard. The nesting is kicking in as baby girl is not growing as well and they may take them in the next week or two. Maybe that's why I feel I need to catch up on the blog? I must admit....Erin...you know who you are....I have loved reading your blog on your twins and hope to do the same for my kids. It has given me such insight into life with twins!
Grandma Breese is on alert to drop everything and come as soon as these babies will be coming. So grateful she can be here this summer to help. I'm having a C-section by choice and have never done this. It will be nice to have someone around to help! Grandma Butcher and Grandpa Butcher will join us late August to help out for a while.
Ben is done with school for the summer in 1.5 weeks so we are praying these babies wait until after that to join us. He also turns the big 32 on July 10 so we are looking forward to celebrating that soon!
July will be such a life changing month for us but we can't wait and look forward to meeting these new babies!


1 comment:

Erin_C said...

Ahh! I get goosebumps just thinking about the adventure that awaits you. You guys will be so great. Its such a unique experience and blessing . . . and challenge :) What a blessing for your family though. These last few weeks are SO hard. I'm pretty sure I was in tears half the time. And I didn't even have to go on bed rest. Hope you get some rest and calm before they arrive, because then you won't for . . . well, I'm still waiting for it. Good luck! Can't wait to see those babies!