Leelou Blogs

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Six weeks and all smiles!

Finally we are 6 weeks and starting to get some rewards of parenthood. Not always, but everyday he wakes up at least once and smiles for us a few times. At least I know I make him happy sometimes! I was able to catch a few on camera the other day. Thank goodness we learned this before going to Grandma Breese's house because she would be sad if she didn't get to see the smiles!
So happy I'm drooling! (sp?)
Yeah for smiles!
A new outfit that Hyrum has never worn as well as his football rattles on his hands!
Snoozing with dad on the couch!
This week marks the second half of my maternity leave. I know have 5.5 wks until returning to work part time. I'm grateful it's only part time but man I wish it was none! I really love being home with my little guy and hate the thought of going back to work. For all the moms out there that get to be home with your kids consider it a blessing! I'm grateful that at least I won't have to do daycare and it's only 2 nights a week but I look forward to the day when I can just be mom and not mom and NICU nurse. Who wants to take care of sick babies when it's so fun to be home with your own?
I have also read this book called "The Happiest Baby on the Block" that a few ladies in my ward suggested to help calm fussy babies. It has completely changed my thinking about how I'm doing things and that I can't spoil Hyrum too much these first few months. He deserves to be spoiled! He even needs it! Also, the book has taught me how to calm my fussy baby. It worked great during the day yesterday but for some reason from 3-5am it didn't? Go figure! I'm trying to do my best! The good thing about the book is that it's teaching me how to meet his needs better so I'm not feeding constantly every 2 hrs during the day and supplementing with formula constantly. I still supplement some but not as much as I used to. Hopefully I can get things figured out before the 6 hr plane ride on Tuesday! Hope your not seated in the row next to us!

4 comments:

Chie Sipin - Bjarenas said...

almost done with the leave, eh? well, work beckons, i presume.

i enjoyed looking through the baby pics here. i'm not a mom yet but posts like this definitely makes me want to be one soon.

great smiles on your baby. =)

Karl said...

Eva saw Hyrum's pics and said "That's my baby." Just a little confused there. So what dates exactly are you coming? I will be in Poky the 18th - 23rd, so let me know , hopefully we can get together. :) Hyrum has a cute smile.

Kristen said...

he is growing up so fast. I can't believe it has been 6 weeks. I am with you on not wanting to go back to work. It was hardest to the first couple of weeks. I would love to be a full time stay at home mom, but that isn't possible right now. We loved happiest baby on the block, we usally give it as a shower gift. It worked wonders for Parker. Enjoy your trip to see your mom.

Melanie and Jake said...

His little smile is so cute! I love it. It makes me excited for #2 although I still have a little wait before then. I was always worried about Kaylee on the airplane but the noise just seems to lull her to sleep everytime. Hopefully it works for you too.