Leelou Blogs

Friday, May 2, 2008

Long Night

What a night after a great day! Yesterday I enjoyed getting showered and ready by myself while Hyrum took a 2.5 hr nap until 10:30. Then we went for a walk and to lunch with my friend Cari and he was delightful! We attempted to go to mutual but that was where it all began! It is so hard to have Ben & I having to go to mutual because who is supposed to stay home with the kid! I found myself walking the halls during mutual and decided that it was pointless for me to be there. I was supposed to be focusing on the girls but my baby wouldn't allow so I left early (thanks Traci). I came home and fed my hungry baby and then gave him a bath. Then we got ready for bed. About 1/2 hr after we all settled in the screaming began. For about 1/2 hr he screamed bloody murder and was inconsolable. I'm crying because I have no idea whats wrong. I checked his temp and all his parts to make sure nothing obvious was hurting him. I called my mom out of desperation or else it was to the emergency room and just as I did so he stopped crying! (of course) Ben & I calmed down and put Hyrum back to sleep only to be awakened 1 hr later for the same process. Poor baby! Ben gave him a blessing and I ended up having to hold Hyrum until 3am to get him calmed down! Yuck! I don't know how this is going to work when I am back at work! At 4 Hyrum decided to scream some more and finally at 4:30 I stopped worrying and fell asleep. Hyrum did sleep until 8am which was nice but not nearly long enough. Of course, this morning he is all smiles and has been the normal baby he is. What a weird long night! Boy are we tired! Hopefully tonight is better!

3 comments:

Cari said...

Sorry you had such a miserable night after such a fun day! And then I never called you yesterday either! I hope you got a nap in. Hope you've all caught up on sleep and can still come over tomorrow.

Kristen said...

those nights are never fun especially when you don't know what's wrong. I hope things are going better.

Stephanie said...

How are the nights going? Any better? Nights like those make the days so long. It's hard functioning but it gets better. Hang in there.