Leelou Blogs

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Mother's Day, Park, and Work

My first Mother's Day was a special one. Hyrum wore a new bib (thanks to dad) that said "I love mommy."(above) Below is a picture of Hyrum and I on Mother's Day after his nightly bath. I love being a mom!
The Saturday before I went back to work (May 17th) it was gorgeous weather so Ben and I took Hyrum to Lake Accotink (within walking distance of our house) for a picnic. We put Hyrum under an umbrella to keep him from the sun. Like his new hat? It's a little big!
Not the most flattering picture of him but he was facinated by the umbrella.
Here is a self taken picture of the three of us. Hyrum was screaming at this point and decided to hide his face from view.
My first night back to work was uneventful. Ben faithfully called after bedtime and each feed to let me know how things were going. Hyrum did great with the bottle (despite the two previous nights giving us trouble). Ben even got some sleep and said things went well. Hopefully he wasn't just saying that to make me feel better. I came home to a smiling baby boy and really enjoyed seeing him again. It was actually kind of nice to be at work. It was fun to socialize with everyone and show off my new man! It probably helped that we were well staffed and I had an awesome assignment. It did feel so weird to hold 3lb babies after carrying my 13lb-er around for the last 12 weeks. Overall, I decided working one night a week would be perfect-enough to get you out of the house but still able to be home where it matters most! It was nice to help other's people's kids for a change and I felt a little more experienced since I have just been through the newborn stage. Luckily, mine wasn't sick! I found myself talking baby talk all night to the babies as I would to Hyrum. We'll see how much I like work after working a full weekend this weekend. Luckly, Ben gets Memorial Day off so I can sleep some on Monday! I got two hours after work last Monday which was enough to make it through the rest of the day. Boy-bed felt nice that night though! It's been a while since I stayed up all night!
Note: Progress is being made on the job update but can't say anything official yet!

3 comments:

Karl said...

Cute pics, Katie! You are so skinny already. :) And now you've made me all curious about the job. I hope Ben gets it so you can come back here! Luv you! Bethany

Cari said...

I love that Robert pointed out that you posted this blog at 5:59 am. Can tell you're a mom cause no other sane person is awake and posting blogs at that time!

Kristen said...

glad that work went well. It is nice to get out of the house a little. Hope work goes well this weekend.