Leelou Blogs

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Bad Mommy...

Yesterday I was feeling like a bad mommy. It was kind of a rough day for us. It started out with Hyrum tipping his bouncer over while he was in it. He was bouncing (strapped in) and it fell over backwards resulting in a large thud (his head) on the hard wood floors. I ran over to him (he was screaming at this point) and picked him up. He immediately calmed down so I think he was scared more than hurt but I felt really guilty. I was just about to get in the shower so good thing I wasn't already in it! The next mishap happened when I was unloading the dishwasher. Hyrum was laying on the floor on his play mat and was voicing his need to eat. He managed to scoot off of the mat and onto the rug in front of our back door (about 3 feet way). There he was laying on the dirty floor. Third, at about 7pm both Ben & I felt like he was warm so I had to take his temperature (not by mouth to say the least) and he had a low grade fever of 99.7. Paranoid I put him in our room to sleep since we have a fan. We've been in heat warning all week with temps around 100 and VERY humid! Can't wait to get to Idaho! Anyway, I warned Ben about the bouncer and now I have one less tool to entertain him while I try to get things done/shower. I'll let him sit in it still but not unless I'm right there.
On a happier note, this weekend is my birthday(the big 22). I work Friday night but Ben is taking me to Chevy's on Saturday and Ben's parents are going to watch Hyrum. (Our first night out together alone and Hyrum's first babysitter!) Sunday is Ben's first Father's Day so I'm making something special for him (it's a surprise). I'm debating taking work off Sunday to be with my men but we'll see. If we could get the official offer on this Idaho job it would be much easier to use my 28hours of remaining pto I have stored up!
References have been called and the background check is being done. Everything looks like it will come together. Waiting 2 months is really hard though! I just hope to know officially by the end of the month! We want to move before gas is $6 a gallon!

5 comments:

Andrea said...

ahhhhh, mommy guilt. it never ends. at least he hasn't fallen off the bed yet :) sad to see you go!

Kristen said...

things happen. Parker has fallen off our bed twice now and now that it is shorts weather we have a skinned knee that just doesn't seem to heal.

McClains said...

You aren't a bad mommy, but I know exactly how you feel! Good luck on the job process and I will have to do the tag thing when I get a new camera. =)

Karl said...

Yeah, it doesn't matter what you do, occasionally you're kids are just going to get hurt . . . doesn't make you feel any less guilty though. Just wait until he starts pulling himself up on furniture and falling down every five seconds. That's where we are. :)

benana said...

http://www.amazon.com/Girlfriends-Go-Guide-Make-Ahead-Meals/dp/1599550156/ref=pd_bbs_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1212104669&sr=1-2