Leelou Blogs

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Bye Bye Baby- Hello Big Boy

So this is lame to post about but today is my last day nursing my baby boy. After this I consider him a big boy. After weeks of cutting down to this moment-I will be done nursing tonight and tomorrow we start cold turkey! Over the last 2 weeks Hyrum has had to go down for a nap without nursing or a bottle and we are finally to the point where he doesn't scream for an hour every time I lay him down. So, I'm off to work tomorrow night and Ben gets to see how the first night of no bottle/nursing goes! Hyrum is now drinking whole milk, eating half a sandwhich for lunch, and eating about as much of dinner as I do. He must be his father's child. Although it is sad to realize in one week one day my baby will be 1 and his baby days are over and toddler days are here, I decided I love him enough to not have him be a 3 year old nursing-I guess I can sacrifice my bond to not have a weird child and get weird looks in the nursing room at church for breastfeeding a 3 year old. Enough said.
I am however really looking forward to the FREEDOM! To celebrate, Ben and I are taking a late Valentine's trip to SLC (wahoo i know) to see a JAZZ game. Ben is super excited. We are getting a hotel for the night (grandma gets Hyrum)-going to eat Chipotle which we have been missing, sleeping in, and probably going to hit a session at the SLC temple where we were married. The game is March 6th and we are on the countdown! I could get used to this!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

almosthappy 1st birthday to Hyrum! I remember the first couple days after I stopped nursing Parker, They were a little sad since anyone could feed him. Have fun in SLC!