Leelou Blogs

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday Hyrum! (a day late)

So I decided I'm a horrible blogger but bear with me because I don't want to start over!
Happy 1st Birthday Hyrum! We love you so much and are so grateful you came to us! You brighten every day! We had an exciting a fun filled birthday I hope. We are going to go backwards through the day because my pics are all out of order. Sorry! The top picture is Hyrum getting into the tub after a messy cake experience. Thanks grandma for washing him!
Below is a picture of Hyrum once the cake was gone! He DUG in! Not shy at all about it!
Here is Hyrum enjoying his car cake I made him! He loved the frosting!


Below: This is at the beginning of the cake eating process. Notice no frosting on arm or eyes yet!

Here is his birthday cake all lit up! I though it turned out cute. We ended up taking it away because he was showing no signs of stopping. I didn't want him to be sick to his stomach!

We opened presents. He made out with more stuff than at Christmas. Thanks to all our family and friends that contributed! Hyrum is grateful! He played with his new toys all morning (as in today).


Hyrum climbing on his presents!

This is the birthday boy first thing in the morning!
Can't believe he was this tiny a year ago! How he has changed! We love you Hyrum!
Ben had the day off for Hyrum's birthday which was an added bonus. We got pictures taken at JCPenny to mark the event. They turned out okay. Wish Cari was here to experiment with us! The family came for the big party-Ben's sister and her family, Ben's cousin and her family, and my mom and Nate. We had pizza, presents, and cake. Our brother-in-law Ian was celebrating his birthday as well yesterday so Happy birthday to him. Thanks for sharing your day with a one year old!
We love Hyrum so much and had a blast. I don't have pictures of it but he loved the balloons we got him. That and the cake were the best part!
Here is a video for the grandparents to see him eating cake. Sorry it is sideways but I'm retarded! Enjoy!


2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Looks like tons of fun! Hyrum is so big. I can't believe how fast they grow up. Sorry we couldn't make it. Unfortunetely throwing up at someone elses house didn't sound too appealing! Call us next time you are in Poky.

Rach said...

I hope so it has been forver since I have seen you!!!! Hyrum looks adorable and I love the cake, Nice job!!