Leelou Blogs

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

10 days and counting

We have been busy and not really that busy surprisingly. Finally things are picking up. Last week I spent most of the week at home enjoying the outdoors of Virginia thinking "there must be something I can do to get ready to move." Nope. Friday was Ben's last day of work and they had a lunch for him at Brio's Italian Restaurant in Tysons Corner Mall. It was yummy! Friday night I headed off to work for my last weekend.
Saturday and Sunday we attempted to watch General Conference. I must say- I think I got a lot more out of watching conference before I had a kid. It's really hard to focus when for 4 hours a day I'm trying to keep Hyrum entertained and indoors. I will have to review once the Ensign comes out! We split up for dinner Saturday-Ben & Ben's Dad for their traditional pre-priesthood session dinner. Marie (Ben's mom) and I went to Baja Fresh (Ben & Steve don't really care for it so we thought we'd indulge).
Sunday was last my night of work! Yeah. The girls at work threw me a surprise pizza party at 1:00am. How sweet! It was really fun but I ate way to much junk food! But-Ben & I are officially done with work! Horray! Let the vacation begin!
This week is a vacation for sure! After work Monday we ran around getting stuff ready for my Idaho nursing license. Today we went to Potomac Mills mall (outlets) and Ikea for some last minute good Virginia shopping. We also got an estimate on our moving needs. Looks like we'll weight in around 7,000lbs. Thats not bad considering we're allowed 30,000lbs.
Tomorrow we plan to go downtown to see the sites of DC one last time. Its always so fun to go downtown and have free entertainment. We'll take pictures.
Its so fun to have Ben home and have a little time together before we move. The truck comes to pack us the 15th then it leaves the 16th. Ben & Steve leave the 16th as well. Hyrum and I leave the 17th for Idaho Falls. So, 10 days and counting!

3 comments:

Kari Cheney said...

Hey Katie! Exciting you are moving to Idaho! So I read that you are interviewing for the NICU, EIRMC i assume?? I work at EIRMC in the term nursery, occasionally float to the NICU when they need extra help. Fun stuff! So, I have a blog too, email me your email if you'd like to be invited!! kariw03@msn.com

-Kari

Nicole said...

That's so exciting! You'll be close again and I can come see you! I hope the move goes well!

Kristen said...

congrats on the move soon and good luck with finding a new job.