Leelou Blogs

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Update-Our Trip

I've been slacking on posting pictures from Idaho because things have been a little crazy! Above is my mom, Nathan, and Hyrum on one of our lovely days in Idaho. Hyrum adored Nathan and I think they will be good pals. Below is Hyrum with his great-grandmother reading a book. It was really fun to have my grandparents come to see Hyrum.
Hyrum had his first Haircut while out in Idaho. We put him in his highchair so he couldn't move as much (ha ha). This is a before picture.
Here is our handsome little boy after. My mom was the one brave enough to cut his hair. I saved some for my hope chest.
Here is a picture of the men. This is my grandpa (Hyrum's great grandpa aka Poppy), Nathan, and Hyrum of course.
Hyrum is rolling/scooting around like crazy. Someday he'll figure out crawling. We have been back in Virginia for a week now. Ben's cousin Lindsey, Adrienne, Jacob, Daniel came to stay with us a few nights ago to tour DC. They were kind enough to ignore our unsettled house (many thanks to Ben for getting it clean for me while working the weekend).
We had a fun celebration dinner last Saturday with Ben's parents at a yummy steakhouse called Mikes. It was bittersweet to be celebrating Ben's job and sad for them to say goodbye for a few years (hopefully they'll be in Idaho soon too).
This is Ben's last week of work! Yeah! I have just one more weekend as well! HORRAY! I will actually miss work a little and especially the friends I've made. I have an interview for a NICU position in Idaho on Oct 20th so I'm excited for that.
We are going house hunting as well on Oct 20! We are so excited! Can't believe we finally get to buy a house! Any of our east coast friends are welcome to come stay and visit!
No official moving date yet...INL is not fast with anything...We are hoping to move the week of the 13th but we'll see. If not that week than for sure the next because Ben starts the 27th. Hyrum and I are flying out but that date is to be determined as well.
Getting excited for Halloween already! And Christmas too! I can't believe the Holidays are here again but I love this time of year! We have so much to be grateful for!
Well, I'm slacking as a mother currently because Hyrum has rolled under his crib while I neglect him and update our blog...guess I better get back to my motherly duties!

No comments: