Leelou Blogs

Monday, May 4, 2009

Bad things come in threes...

Well I was planning on blogging on something completely different but then today happened. They say bad things come in threes and we've hit our three so we should be done now, right? First off, we lost a baby last month. Second, Hyrum had surgery on his ears last Friday. Third, Ben passed out today at work and we spent the last 4 hours in the ER trying to figure out why he does this every now and again. We actually have 4th bad news which is we can't refinance our house because thanks to the market it has dropped in value (but that is only minor compared to the others). So, WE ARE DONE!
Actually, Ben received a blessing tonight that said we are being blessed through our trials and that they come because of our faithfulness. I guess that gives me a little comfort when things aren't going as planned or I feel not faithful enough.
I should mention, Ben is FINE. They did an EKG (heart test) and he had a slightly abnormal thing so we will be following up on that but the dr thinks its minor.
Today is Monday! I hope the week gets better.
I was orginially going to blog about the show "What would you do?". It's a show Ben & I occasionally watch about people posing in different ethical situations and how the public reacts. I had an incident today at Walmart where a couple began fighting in the check out line behind me. They were supposed to be helping a lady in a wheelchair with her two kids grocery shop. They decided to start a domestic dispute...aka fist fight...right behind me in line! This happy couple also has a little baby (why can crazy people have kids but not normal ones?) which they begin pulling at the carseat to decide who is going to take the kid because the relationship's over. Talk about white trash! I immediately jump in and tell them to knock it off and leave the baby out of it. He proceeds to punch the lady and then they run outside with the baby-leaving the poor wheelchair bound lady with her kids running down the aisles. Finally the "bright" cashier decides to call security but by the time they show up the couple has fleed. I try and help the wheelchair lady but she insists she's okay. I head out to the parking lot to find the security guards talking by some carts-not even attempting to look for the happy couple. I kept waiting for the host of the TV show to come out and ask why I decided to jump in the middle and why the others decided to rally around me once I began (as this normally happens on the show). I was dumbfounded to find out people behave like that in public for real! Needless to say-I might switch to Fred Meyer after the way employees handled things!

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Sometimes it seems like bad things come in groups. I hope May proves to be a better month for you guys.

Nicole said...

Oh, Katie, I'm so sorry about everything going on. That's no fun, but I know that blessing is right! You guys are awesome, and you can handle it. I need to come see your new house still!

Stephanie said...

Hang in there! It can only get better. i passed out at church a couple of weeks ago also- Embarrassing! I just chalked it up to being pregnant.... Hope it doesn't happen again.