Leelou Blogs

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Happy Late Mother's Day!

We had a busy but fun Mother's day weekend. Not to bore you but I'll catch you up on our happenings...yes I'm writing from work tonight at 0100 so excuse my randomness.
Friday Ben had the day off so we headed down to Pocatello to stay with my mom. We had yummy pizza and quality time with family. Saturday we left Hyrum and Ben & I drove down to Utah for his cousin's wedding reception. We made it a date day and were spoiled with Chipotle burritos for lunch (I'm thinking of starting a chain in Idaho I miss it so much j/k) and then a session at the Bountiful temple. It was beautiful. I had been there once before but it was rushed so it was nice to take our time. We then made a quick pit stop at Ikea to pick up a few items- really miss that store too! We then headed up Provo canyon to the old Steven's hot chocolate guy's "summer home." Ben's cousin's husband is a family friend so they got this beautiful reception site-wish I had pics! It had 3 kitchens, a HUGE theatre room, multiple bedrooms very nicely furnished, hot tub, full play ground, tennis courts, stable aka arena, multiple laundry rooms..you get the picture. It was gorgeous for a cabin! We had yummy dinner and got to catch up with the bride and other family. We then made a long drive home and got in around midnight. Ben did awesome driving through the tight construction areas covered with deer! It was scary!
Sunday we spent in Pocatello with my mom for Mother's day. Ben spoiled me with a cricut machine so I can cut vinyl and dicuts now! Thanks sweetie! Mom spoiled us with a combo mothers/fathers day present- a bbq-a big one-not one you have to bend over to use! We love it! So-anyone up for grilling come on by! Now we just got to get the patio done!
Really- it was a great Mother's day weekend with beautiful weather. I'm so grateful to be a mother this year- I thought after trying to have Hyrum for 1 year that last year I would be more grateful-and I was grateful. But this year after losing a baby so close to Mother's day I'm so grateful to be a mommy at all! If he is our only I will be grateful but hopefully we'll get to enjoy more! I love Hyrum so much and he makes me laugh even when I should be telling him no or that he is doing something bad but he is just so darn cute! I love my husband for being such a great partner and helping me be a great mommy. I'm also very grateful for our two mothers who have been great examples to us and showed us love and support. Happy late Mother's Day to all the moms and future moms and new moms!

1 comment:

Jena Lin Jones said...

Hello! It has been a long time since I've talked to you. The last time was probably High School in AP Biology, and now you're married and have a baby! I'm so sorry to hear that you lost a baby and I hope you're little family is doing great. It's good to see you.